SCEPTRE UN243S Battery Tips:
|How Many Cells Are In A Laptop Battery? - The answer is simply: (Battery Capacity / 2200mAh) X (Battery Volt / 3.7V).
|How to prolong lithium-based batteries? - Here are some simple guidelines.
- Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.). Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.
- Batteries with fuel gauge (laptops) should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely.
- More simple guidelines to prolong your SCEPTRE UN243S laptop battery.
| Deep Cycle vs. Automotive - Deep cycle batteries are
used to power fish finders and trolling motors on a boat and radios or lights
in an RV/camper and are designed differently than the battery you use to start
your car. The automotive battery in your car is asked to deliver only short bursts
of energy to start your auto and then the alternator takes over, providing the
electrical power to run the car and recharge the slightly discharged battery.
A deep cycle marine or RV battery, on the other hand, is asked to go through
many deep discharges. Often, that battery is completely discharged before it
is recharged. This is called "deep cycling." Timely and proper care of your Marine/RV
Batteries will ensure trouble-free operations.
| Day to Day Maintenance - The following 4 steps should
be followed in maintaining your marine/RV Battery during seasonal usage:
- Recharge deep cycle batteries as soon as possible after use. Allowing batteries
to sit in a discharged state for a prolonged period of time is damaging to the
future capacity of the battery.
- Prior to recharge be sure the electrolyte level within each cell is at a
point slightly below the split ring splash barrel (about 1/8" below this point).
If water has to be added, deionized or distilled water is recommended; however,
any water suitable for drinking is preferred to none at all. Never allow electrolyte
levels to be as high as splash barrels or as low as plate tops.
- Keep top of battery free of dirt and/or moisture. If battery is kept in a
plastic marine battery box, be sure box is clean and dry.
- Clean battery terminals, cable connectors and all accessory connectors regularly
(every month or so).