There are several steps you can take to insure that you get maximum performance from your PANASONIC SDR-H60 camcorder battery:
1. Breaking In New Batteries - new batteries come in a discharged condition and must be fully charged before use. It is recommended that you fully charge and discharge your new battery two to four times to allow it to reach its maximum rated capacity.
2. Preventing the Memory Effect - Keep your battery healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks. Exceptions to the rule are Li-ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect. Keep Your Batteries Clean - It's a good idea to clean dirty battery contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.
3. This helps maintain a good connection between the battery and your portable device. Exercise Your Battery - Do not leave your battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks.
4. If a battery has not been used for a long period of time, perform the new battery break in procedure described above. Battery Storage - If you don't plan on using the battery for a month or more, we recommend storing it in a clean, dry, cool place away from heat and metal objects.
5. Ni-Cd, Ni-MH and Li-ion batteries will self-discharge during storage; remember to break them in before use. Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries must be kept at full charge during storage. This is usually achieved by using special trickle chargers.
6. If you do not have a trickle charger, do not attempt to store SLA batteries for more than three months.