1. Your new PANASONIC HHR-V40A/1B camcorder battery comes in a discharged condition and must be charged before use (refer to the battery charging instructions). Upon initial use (or after a prolonged storage period) the battery may require three to four charge/discharge cycles before achieving maximum capacity.
2. When charging the battery for the first time your charger (or camcorder) may indicate that charging is complete after just 10 or 15 minutes. This is a normal phenomenon with rechargeable batteries. Simply remove the battery from the charger (or camcorder) and repeat the charging procedure.
3. It is important to condition (fully discharge and then fully charge) the battery every two to three weeks. Failure to do so may significantly shorten the battery's life (this does not apply to Li-ion batteries, which do not require conditioning).
4. To discharge, simply run your device under the battery's power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in your user's manual. If the battery will not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that it be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
5. It is normal for a battery to become warm during charging and discharging. A charged battery will eventually lose its charge if unused. It may therefore be necessary to recharge the battery after a storage period.
6. The milliamp-hour (mAH) rating of the batteryonline.org.uk batteries will often be higher than the one on your original battery. A higher mAH rating is indicative of a longer lasting (higher capacity) battery and will not cause any incompatibilities.
7. An batteryonline.org.uk battery will, in most cases, exceed the original by 30% to 50%.